BRITTEN

BRITTEN

KAMERON

KAMERON

MY BOYS!

MY BOYS!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Playing Ball!!!, April & May

   So yes, April and more then half of May has come and gone and I am just now getting to sit down and reminisce on the last months.  To say we have been a little busy around here is an understatement.  I love the months of April and May for many reasons.  Leaves finally begin to show on the trees, the ground doesn't look quite so dead and the rain makes everything smell so fresh, it begins to warm up and we break out the BBQ grill.  I also love April because my boys start playing baseball. My favorite thing to do is to sit at a ball diamond in hot or cold temperatures and watch a bunch of boys hone in on their inner Derek Jeter,  Josh Hamilton, Josh Weaver.  We spend 3 nights a week watching baseball.  Intermixed with scouts, homework, housework, and the like.  I do more laundry this time of year than any other, but I would not have it any other way.
   
   This year for baseball, Britten is one of the older kids on his team.  This has given him the opportunity to do more consistent pitching.  He and Jason spend a good part of the week in the back yard throwing baseballs. I will even find Britten wearing his mitt around the house, for really no reason at all.   Lately, Britten has spent a fair amount of time playing 1st base as well.  I must admit, he is darn good at it too.  Very rarely does he let a ball get by him.  It is amazing to see how much he has progressed in the last couple of years.  

   Kameron desperately wishes he could be out on the field with Britten.  Jason spends just  as much time pitching to Kameron while he hits home runs.  One night in our backyard they were playing, and Kameron hit the ball over our house and partially down the street.  I think he is going to give his brother a run for his money.  Kameron could start playing tee-ball in the spring, however, I am seriously considering skipping it, and going right to coach pitch.  The kid can hit balls coming out of the pitching machines at the batting cages with great timing.

   Shifting gears, I am struggling with school coming to an end this year.  I swear I say it every year, and I probably do, but this year is a little different.  We have had an amazing school year.  Britten's teacher is one of a kind.  I wish I could just have him move on and teach Britten until he graduates.  He has never loved school so much and has learned more than I could ever imagine.  His teacher has encouraged, challenged, and taught him some "life experiences" along the way.  

   Kameron too has had a great preschool teacher.  It is a wonderful mom/teacher who lives in our neighborhood.  Every morning Kameron would run the calendar to see if it was a "preschool day".  He loves the friends he has made in his class and has learned and progressed a lot.  He is the only kid in his class who will not go to Kindergarten this coming fall, yet he is right there academically with all the others who will.  I do not know how I got such smart boys---they must get if from their dad!!!  I am grateful that they both love to learn and love school.  Hopefully they will continue to do so for many years to come.

   Jason has settled nicely into his Bishopric calling and new work schedule.  We have a pretty good routine going and the boys know when dad is coming and going for the most part.  It has been nice to see Jason get to know and spend some time with the other men in our ward. He has developed some great friendships, which working 7 on 7 off, he never really got the opportunity to do.  He is running RAGNAR in June with his brother, sister, brother-in-law, and dad.  He has been trying hard to get as much training in as he can.  Lately, he as been running at 10:00 at night with some of the guys in our ward.  He probably won't be in the exact shape he wants to be in for the race, but he is determined to do as much as he can to prepare.

  Jason loves this time of year because he can plant his garden.  This is something he talks about from the time we till in up in the fall, until the next Mother's Day when we can dig up the soil and plant the tomatoes.  This year we are once again trying corn.  It will be interesting to see how it comes out.  Along with that are 2 pumpkins, a watermelon, squash, zucchini, peppers, jalapenos, and loads of tomatoes, about 30 plants or so.  Yep, you guessed it, all for canning salsa in the fall. 

   As for me, I just try and keep the household running on all cylinders.  Food in their bellies, clean clothes on their backs, sun screened faces and well hydrated....some days are easier then others.  My boys keep me busy, so there is always something for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment